The West London Housing Partnership
The West London Housing Partnership is an umbrella organisation for the 7 West London Local Housing Authorities of Brent; Ealing; Hammersmith & Fulham; Harrow; Hillingdon; Hounslow, and the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea.
The purpose of the Housing Partnership is to work together to meet the strategic housing objectives of the member boroughs. In order to achieve this we will:
• To lobby for the interests of the West London boroughs on housing issues
• To develop collaborative working across the sub region and between boroughs, in order to create efficiencies through joint working
• To improve provision of housing services in West London through sharing knowledge, expertise and resources
• To develop an excellent understanding of housing demand, needs and conditions across West London, and an understanding of how this impacts on wider strategic issues affecting Local Authorities
West London Projects
The 7 boroughs have been working in partnership for more than 10 years and now have a number of joint projects operating across the West London sub region. These include:
• West London Locata: the choice based lettings system for people seeking council and housing association accommodation in West London
• The West London Boroughs and Locata Housing Services have developed an on-line Housing Application service. People wishing to join the housing register can now apply on-line 24 hours a day, and will receive an immediate indication of whether they have a priority for housing or not. Once registered, housing applicants will receive advice and information relevant to their own needs. To access your borough's housing application form and for your targeted housing options information click on the link below:
• Empty Homes: The West London boroughs are working together to bring empty homes back into use for homeless and potentially homeless households. Using funding from the Mayor of London's 2008-11 Targeted Funding stream the boroughs returned 632 empty homes to use. West London boroughs have been awarded a further £3.1m to bring back empty homes in 2012-15
• Housing Mobility: the boroughs are working together to improve take up of mutual exchanges for existing social tenants
• Tackling Rough Sleeping: there are a number of joint programmes operating across West London to reduce rough sleeping.
Sub Regional Working Groups
Each of the seven boroughs hosts a working group to take forward specific areas from the West London Housing Action Plan. Sub groups of these groups are also set up from time to time to deliver specific pieces of work. Click on a box on the left hand side of the screen to go to the area of work you are interested in.
Last updated: 13 October 2014